Translate

Thursday 12 March 2015

So it's not all tea and cakes then

I had a gentleman who is hoping to became a care worker at our company join me today to see what the job involved


The Conversation started with.....

'Our first call is a lady who.....' 

'We visit ladies?'  came the stunned interruption

'Oh yes, we visit a wide range of people from the young to the old to special needs, all of which include Male and females

'I imagined that as I was a male I would only be visiting men'

Not a good start. Ok so we get over that barrier and we go in to another lady and he is so shocked by her condition that he can barely look at her and busies himself in the kitchen to keep out of the way

Later that day  I had to call an ambulance out to an elderly lady that has had a fall.  She was Ok but needed to go to hospital for a check up. Again he disappears into the kitchen to make a cup of tea but stays there until the ambulance arrives


He seemed very sheepish when I dropped him off.
Not quite the cup of tea and cakes scenario that he imagined I think.
Needless to say he never came back

No comments:

Post a Comment