Translate

Tuesday 26 March 2013

Wrong number

Deidre always finds me something to sort out when I arrive at her house. I have shown her how to use her microwave oven because fish and chips seven days a week is not a particularly good diet; I have put a curtain back up; sorted out an extractor fan and brought some ‘Vanish' over to get rid of a carpet stain; but above all of these, the thing that needs sorting most of all is the television. About twice a week she has pressed a button and lost the picture, then greets me with ‘This television is no good, I’ll have to get a new one’ (It is brand new by the way)

One of the things she regularly does is to simply turn it off from the remote and because of this I wrote down a few simple instructions for her to follow.

So today, I enter her house and ask ‘How are you today?'
‘Not good, my telly’s broken again’ she retorts ‘it hasn’t worked since you left it yesterday.'
‘Really?’ Did you follow the instructions I wrote out for you?’
‘Yes. You watch’ she said as she picked up her telephone. ‘I am pressing the green button and then pressing 800’

Heaven only knows who she was ringing.

No comments:

Post a Comment