Translate

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Sour Milk

Katie greeted me with her usual smile this morning.  'The milk has gone sour. I don’t know why it has gone sour, I’m sure.’

‘Oh dear! Shall I pop up the road and get some more’

‘Oh that will be nice dear, Thank you’

Fortunately the shops were only round the corner so I hopped in the car and returned five minutes later with the milk. As I looked in the fridge I noticed a large four pint container.

‘I go back in and tell Katie this and she replies. ‘No I meant the milk in the jug that my daughter fills up for me’

‘Oh well never mind, I’ll take the milk home we can always use it up. Where do you keep your tea?

‘Oh I forgot to say, I have run out of tea as well’



Incidentally this jug of milk was key to another problem I had with Katie. On odd occasions she would have an upset stomach, often blaming it on her meals on wheels.
On one occasion I found her finishing her cereal off as I arrived, so I asked if she would like a cup of tea to wash it down.
‘Yes please’ came the usual reply.
The jug of milk she had used for her breakfast was sitting on the side, so I poured some into the cup. It was off and came out with the consistency of yoghurt. I guess she puts so much sugar on her cereal that she could not taste it.

Since then I have asked the evening carers to throw any milk left in the jug away before they leave at night.
No more tummy upsets.

No comments:

Post a Comment