Translate

Saturday 30 March 2013

Strange coincidences

There are occasions when strange coincidences occur.

There are a couple that stick in  my head the first one occurred whist pulling up outside the house of one of my Gents called Donald, I smiled to myself as I realised Andy Stewart's 'Donald where's you troosers' was playing on the radio; I couldn't remember the last time I had heard that song and thought it a very strange coincidence.  Imagine my surprise, when I actually found Donald sitting in the lounge without his trousers on. Apparently, he had got too hot and decided to take them off.

The wind blows high... the wind blows low.......

For those of you too young to remember the song see link below: -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yw0bLHTOb0






The second coincidence occurred whilst visiting a lady on my round and we got talking about Scouting; She started telling me all about her father, who had started the first scout troop in the area and showed me with great pride, a newspaper clipping with a photograph of her father, in his scout uniform on his wedding day. The strange thing was that when we looked at the date on the top of the paper, it was 10th October, which happened to be the same date as I was paying this particular visit.

I then went on to visit another chap and started to relay the story to him, at which point he said. 'That man was my scout leader.'
I think someone was looking down on us that day don't you.






No comments:

Post a Comment